Avionics Division Korwa
Welcome to the Avionics Division, Korwa of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
Avionics Division Korwa was established in the year 1983, to take up the production of Display Attack Ranging and Inertial Navigation system for Jaguar International aircraft for Indian Air Force followed by manufacturing & supply of avionic systems for Russian origin MiG-27 & Su-30MKI aircraft.
Division at present is manufacturing & repairing various Avionics Systems fitted on MiG-27M Upgrade, Mirage-2000, LCA, Jaguar upgrade, AJT-HAWK aircraft. Division is also engaged in the maintenance of UAVs Systems since 2001 onwards.
All the facilities required for manufacture of such advanced airborne avionic systems are available under one roof.
For the manufacture of advanced avionics systems, Korwa Division has well equipped laboratories, modern test facilities and advanced high accuracy automatic production equipment and machines as mentioned below:
- High precision of CNC Machining Centers, Lathes, Milling Machines
- High precision Jig Bores & Jig Grinders
- High precision CNC Universal Grinder
- High precision CNC EDM,CNC Wire-cut machine
- Precision Tool Room & Process shop with heat treatment & plating facilities.
- Electron Beam Welding (EBW) machine to produce high precision welds without distorting the components.
- Software controlled Vacuum Brazing machine.
- High Precision Electro Discharge machining facility
- Optical Component fabrication facilities
- Bonding & assembly of special Optical components
- Automatic Test Equipment for testing of Electronic modules
- Laser Trimming & Dynamic Balancing of Gyroscopes
- General purpose ATE for repair & testing of Multilayer PCBs having VLSI/FPGA/Hybrid components.
- Full-fledged Assembly facility for SMD components
- Programmable Harness, Continuity & Insulation tester
- Leak testing station for sensor assembly
- Super Clean and Controlled environment rooms (upto Class 100)
The following are the major areas of outsourcing:
- PCB Manufacturing
- Precision assembly of PCBs
- Sub-Assemblies / Major Assemblies
- Machined Components
- Welded Assemblies
- IMTMA- SIEMENS Productivity Championship Award at Productivity Summit- 2010.
Topic : Productivity Improvement
Rank : 3rd Prize
- IETE-CORPORATE AWARD for Performance in Electronic Components-2017 in LE Category for developing GSD-033-a best available Gyro sensor for use in various strategic missiles such as Prithvi, Agni and BrahMos.
AD Korwa Division is engaged in the manufacturing & repairing of various Avionics Systems for fitment on different Western, Indigenous & Russian origin aircraft platforms.
Solid State Flight Data Recorder / Solid State Cockpit Voice & Data Recorder (SSFDR/CVFDR ) – MIL/ CIVIL CERTIFIED
- Used to record critical flight parameters and voice for post flight analysis. Its variants are MIL / CIVIL certified. The SSFDR/CVFDR is developed for both Fixed & rotary Wing platforms.
- Deployable Flight Data Recorder is combination of CVR, FDR, and ELT fitted in buoyant hardened container with deployable mechanism. It is capable of automatically deploying from aircraft in event of aircraft accident. Once deployed, it begins continuously transmit its GPS location & identification at the emergency frequency 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz. Its unique structure enable it to float on water indefinitely in event of accident on water. It is suitable for aircraft and helicopter flying over sea area.
Enhanced FDR (EFDR)
- The Enhanced FDR can record more parameter as compared to conventional Flight Data Recorders. It possess high capacity compact Protect Memory Module (PMM).
Fly By Wire Data Acquisition Unit (FBW-DAU)
- The FBW-DAU is capable of acquiring Fly by Wire (FBW) system parameters through direct lines.
3D-Ground Relay System (3D-GRS)
- The 3D – GRS system is milking system for downloading of CVFDR data and voice record and display recorded flight data in 2-D & 3-D analysis with voice & data synchronization.
Multi-Functional Display (MFD)
- Multi-Function Display (MFD) provides the pilot with high resolution symbology overlaid on a video image coming from DMG and other interface systems. The MFD is built around a full high resolution, high contrast Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display (AMLCD) device, allowing pilot to see the display image even under a high ambient light. It has high MTBF, 4 times in comparison to CRT. It displays video images coming from video sources such as RADAR, FLIR, OPTRONICS and Digital Map Generator.
Pilot Control Unit (PCU) for Helicopters
- Pilot Control Unit (PCU-II) is Human Machine Interface (HMI) of Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS). It provides interface between crew and AFCS.
Engine & Flight Display Unit (EFDU)
- Engine & Flight Display Unit (EFDU) is LCD display for EFIS system. It displays Air Data, Attitude, Heading information, Engine, fuel and hydraulic parameters information. EFIS is also integrated with avionics system through MIL 1553B bus.
Head Up Display System (HUD)
- Head Up Display (HUD) system is designed to display aircraft symbology in various modes to the pilot. The aircraft symbology is displayed through a combiner lens assembly which displays the symbology superimposed on the external field of view.
Combined Map and Electronic Display (COMED)
- The Head down display (Combined Map and Electronic Display, COMED-2045) is a cockpit mounted navigational aid with multifunction facilities. It displays the ground map as stored in a filmstrip superimposed with symbols generated in a CRT. The projected map corresponds to the terrain over which the aircraft is flying in the navigational mode. The CRT displays the symbols corresponding to the present position, heading of the aircraft track and direction to the next waypoint. The CRT also provides various other flight parameters such as altitude, air speed, ground speed, time to go to next waypoint etc. Facilities are also available to project flight instrument parameters. The equipment is integrated to the Navigation/Attack system through MIL-STD -1553B bus.
Head Up Display and Weapon Aiming Computer (HUDWAC)
- The Head Up Display and weapon aiming computer, HUDWAC provides the pilot with continuously updated weapon-aiming information accurately superimposed on his forward view of the outside world. The system generates and positions aiming marks and other symbols in a range of attack mode, using data provided by the Inertial Navigation and Attack system (INS) through the MIL-STD-1553B bus.
Helmet Mounted Display System
- Helmet Mounted Display System is meant for determination of angular co-ordinates of visually observable target, as per movement of pilot head.
- System panel is intended for data reception, entry, processing and display of information as well as for selection of mode.
Inertial Navigation and Global Positioning System (INGPS)
- Inertial navigation is a process which allows a vehicle to locate itself in space (position, speed and attitude). INGPS is based on “strap-down” navigation systems. In such systems, all output values are calculated based on information delivered by the angular rotation (Ring Laser gyros) and linear acceleration (accelerometers) detectors. GPS Information is used to compensate the effect of inertial parameters drift, in order to compute optimal navigation data. The INS/GPS (Inertial Navigation System/ Global Positioning System) SIGMA 95 is a Strap down Inertial Navigation Unit (INU) based on Ring Laser Gyro, accelerometers and GPS receiver. It is licensed from M/s Sagem France now M/s Safran Defence & Electronics, France.
GPS GLONASS GAGAN Inertial Navigation System (G3INS)
- An indigenous inertial system with an embedded GPS receiver that provides aircraft peripheral equipment with all necessary inertial inputs. The indigenous navigation system is compatible with GPS, GLONASS & GAGAN. The system has the option of added IRNSS capability also.
Strap Down Attitude & Heading Reference System
- Strap Down Attitude & Heading Reference System is a sensor for sensing angular movement of aircraft such as pitch, Roll, & Heading and dynamic parameters such as angular velocity, linear acceleration etc. The unit has two dry tuned gyroscopes and three numbers of servo accelerometers. It is a standby Inertial Navigation Sensor in case of failure of main INGPS.
INERTIAL MEASURING BLOCK
- INERTIAL MEASURING BLOCK is meant for determining and sending of components of linear acceleration( aX, aY, aZ) and components of absolute angular speed (wX, wY, wZ ) along mutually perpendicular axes of the aircraft in flight (with X- axis directed along the longitudinal axis of aircraft) for positioning of RADAR antenna. The unit has two dry tuned gyroscopes and three numbers of servo accelerometers.
PROCESSORS & COMPUTERS
Indigenous Digital Map Generator (I-DMG)
- Indigenous Digital Map Generator is Digital Map Generator is being used for generation of Digital Map to be displayed on MFD. It superimposes symbology over digitized map.
- Mission Management System consists of Interface Computer (IC), Display Computers (DC- 2no’s) and displays. The Interface Computer unit interfaces between Aircraft systems and Display Computers for collection & distribution of data. The IC unit is a real-time OS based airborne computer.
Auto-stabilizer System (AUTOSTAB)
- The Auto Stabilizer improves the handling characteristics of the basic aircraft by providing damping inputs to the control surfaces for additional stability about the aircraft pitch, roll and yaw axis. It consists of five type of LRUs. The system consists of five type of LRUs.
OPTICAL AND LASER SYSTEMS
OPTICAL LOCATING STATION (OLS)
- OLS system is mounted in the nose of the aircraft to provide accurate range of enemy targets for weapon delivery commutation, and forms an integral part of the attack system.
Laser Ranger and Marked Target Seeker (LRMTS)
- The Laser Ranger and Marked Target Seeker, LRMTS is a system mounted in the nose of the aircraft to provide range of enemy targets for weapon delivery commutation, and forms an integral part of the attack system. It has the facility to range targets sighted by the pilot as well as unplanned targets, out of sight of pilot, but designated by a ground laser designator.
Multi-Mission Optronics Stabilised Platform (MOSP)
- It is an electro-optical payload which provides video images (during day or day night) of the targets with the capability of acquiring and tracking targets under varying weather and visibility conditions.
Repairs, Major Servicing, Supply of Spares
This Division undertakes the repair and overhaul of the airborne avionic systems of all IAF aircraft irrespective of its participation.
AD Korwa caters to the needs of Cockpit Avionics & Strategic Systems for Indian Air force, Navy, Army and other defence organization i.e ADA/BDL/DRDL/RCI. The division, in addition to defence & aerospace customers, cater to the requirement of global customers also through supplies & repair services.
The broad spectrum of customer services provided by the division comprises of the following.
- Supply of spares to Customer
- Quick response and fast turnaround servicing of avionic systems and LRUs
- Regular workshops both at in-house training school and at Customer sites
- Updation of the avionic systems to cater to the needs of the customers for the induction of new armaments and weapon systems.
- Design, manufacture and supply of the computer based dedicated, special to Type test Equipment to Customer
- Maintaining regular interaction with the customer’s operator to provide quick response and assistance to improve the fleet serviceability.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
PO. HAL Korwa
Dist. Amethi (UP) 227 412.
Telephone : +91 - 5368 255085
Fax : +91 - 5368 - 256142 / 256148
Exch. Nos. : 05368 - 255083 / 255005 / 255473
Extension Nos. :
|Human Resources - 1010
||Design - 1230
|Su - 30 - 1300
||Marketing - 1400
|IMM - 1060
||Works & Plant Maintenance - 1650
|Outsourcing - 1580
||Training - 1640
|Customer Services - 1510
||Security & Fire - 1700
|Medical - 1800