Barrackpore Division employs about 430 highly skilled personnel for
disassembly, repair and overhaul, assembly, flight preparation and flight
testing of Cheetah and Chetak Helicopters and Rotables.
The main work area in the Division comprises of Two Assembly Hangars having an area of approx. 6000 sq. mtr. each for Dismantling, Re-assembly, Equipping and Flight Preparation activities and Accessories Overhaul Centre for repair and overhaul of Rotables.
Manufacturing Facilities comprise of
A. Machine Shop
B. Welding Shop
C. Electroplating and Painting facility
D. Body structure Welding / Assembly facility
Servicing of Accessories
- Floor Boards
- Bottom Structure
- Tail Boom
- Body Structure
C. Hydraulic and Mechanical Items
- Tail Rotor Head
- Coupling shaft
- Inclined Drive Shaft
- Tail Drive Shaft
- Main Drive Shaft & Free Wheel
- Mixing Unit
- Main Rotor shaft
- Tail Gear Box
- Tail Pipe
- Transmission Support Platform
D. Radio/ Instrument Items
- Landing gears and Shock struts
- Fuel Booster pumps, filters and fuel system items
- Hydraulic pumps, valves, filters and servo units
- Oil coolers, Wheels & Brakes
- Flight Control items
E. Electrical Items
- V/UHF transmitters/receivers
- ADF, Intercom
- Magnetic compass, Altimeter & Collective Pitch Indicator
F. Propeller Shop (Centre of Excellence for ROH of Hartzell Propellers)
- Electrical looms
- Anti Collision lights
- Voltage regulator & Relays
G. Non-Destructive Test Laboratory
- Hartzell Propellers
- McCAULEY Propellers
- Constant Speed Governor
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- X-Ray Inspection
- Dye Penetrant Test
- Fluorescent Penetrant Test
- Ultrasonic Test
- Eddy Current Test
- Spring Stiffness Test
- Hardness Test
- Compressive & Tensile Load Test
The Division has been accredited to
- AS 9100 C Aerospace Quality Management System (AS 9100:2009 Certified).
- CAR-145 Maintenance Organisation Exposition (CAR-145 Certified).
- ISO 14000 Environment Management System(ISO 14001:2004 Certified).
Page under construction.......
Page under construction....
Cheetah / Cheetal
- Agile and highly maneuverable light aerial platform.
- Ideally suited for
|Observation|| Logistics support|
| Surveillance|| Rescue operations|
|Earth resource survey ||High Altitude operations|
|Passenger (Incl. Pilot)||3+2||3+2|
|Payload (Kg) at 6000mt||50||90|
|Fuel consumption (Kg/Kw hr)||0.47||0.38|
|Cruise speed, km/hr||192||192|
|Max. Range, km||560||640|
|Engine Model||ARTOUSTE IIIB||TM-333|
helicopter ideally suited for
|Passenger / VIP transport||Causality evacuation|
| Troop transport|| Anti-tank warfare|
|Air observation ||Anti-submarine warfare|
|Passenger (incl. Pilot)||5+2|
|Payload (Kg) at 6000mt||Nil|
|Fuel consumption (Kg/Kw hr)||0.47|
|Fuel Capacity (Ltr)||575|
|Cruise speed, km/hr||209|
|Max. Range, km||500|
|Engine Model||ARTOUSTE IIIB|
Derived from the basic structure of Cheetah helicopter for roles like
- Anti Insurgency.
- Close Air Support.
- Destruction of enemy machine gun positions
Two Jettisonable Gun-cum-Rocket Pod.
Effective range (km)
- Gun sight for accurate aiming & firing.
- Each pod carries one 12.7 mm. gun and three 70 mm. Rockets.
- Gun fire rate per min 1100 rounds
1 : Against Light Armour
2.5 : Against VehiclePerformance Parameters
All Up Weight (kg) : 1950
Range (km) : 290
Maximum Speed (kmph): 210
Endurance (Hrs) : 2.5
Barrackpore Division offers service to customers on
- Major Servicing (3,200 hrs.) of Cheetah, Chetak and Lancer Helicopter of Indian Air Force, Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard.
- T1SI (400 hrs.) & T2SI (800 hrs.) Servicing of Chetak Helicopters of Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard.
- Repair, Servicing and Overhaul of Rotables
- Directly from customers.
- Other HAL Divisions.
- Assembly of new Cheetal helicopters and new Chetak helicopters.
- Repair, Servicing and Overhaul of
- Constant speed governor.
- In-situ repairs of helicopters.
- Scheduled and unscheduled servicing of helicopters.
- Supply of RMSO items.
- Supply of Rotables / spares against AOG demands.
- Supply of Ground Handling and Ground Service Equipment.
- Assistance during Investigations of Accidents/Incidents and Defects.
HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED,
09, Topkhana Road, Barrackpore,
Dist. 24 PGS (N),
West Bengal, India
Tel:- +91 33 2592 0157/0163,
Fax No. +91 33 2592 2379
E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB SITE : www.hal-india.com
15/1, Cubbon Road, Bangalore-560001, India