OBJECTIVES OF INDIGENISATION
In order to attain a progressively higher level of self-reliance, HAL has a policy of carrying out concerted effort on indigenization of components, accessories and systems required for manufacturing as well as repair & overhaul of aircraft, engine and equipment. Indigenization with the primary objective of achieving Make in India and lowering dependence on foreign countries especially for critical items is one of the key thrust areas of HAL.
The major objectives of Indigenisation and categories of items taken up for indigenization at HAL are as follows:
- ltems which have become obsolete, or with delayed supply / no supply from OEMs and thereby holding up production.
- ltems that are going to be obsolete.
- High value items which are leading to high FE expenditure.
- ltems being procured in high volume and in overall leading to high FE expenditure.
- All items especially the Class 'C' items where the technical details / drawings are available.
- Class 'C' items where the technical details are not available but can be easily indigenized.
- ltems which are proprietary in nature and can create production hold up
Corporate Level Nodal Office:
General Manager (Indigenization)
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
PB No. 5150
15/1, Cubbon Road
Bangalore – 560001
Tel: 080 22320664
Fax: 080 22320361